The new Shure MVX2U is a digital audio interface which allows you to connect any XLR microphone to a computer. After carrying out an exhaustive analysis, we can affirm that it offers a wide range of features and functions that make it an ideal option for specialized users looking for performance of high quality.
Stay in this post and we will tell you more about this great news from Shure.
Features found in the Shure MVX2U
As we have mentioned, this Shure audio interface It is perfect for those who need a high-performance solution for their microphones, since it is a very versatile tool that can be used in different applications. Let’s see why we say this:
Technical characteristics in detail
The frequency response of the MVX2U is 20 Hz to 20 kHz, which means it is capable of reproducing the entire audible spectrum. The Input impedance is 5.8 kΩ, making it compatible with most XLR microphones. The maximum input level is 7 dBV, which provides enough gain headroom to capture a microphone signal without clipping it.
The digital noise floor is -105 dBFS, ensuring clean, noise-free audio. The gain is adjustable from 0 dB to 60 dB, which allows you to adapt the interface to the needs of each microphone. The headphone output is 3.5 mm (1/8″) and provides a power of 20 mW @ 32Ω.
Summary of technical characteristics:
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20kHz
- input impedance: 5.8kΩ
- Maximum input level: 7 dBV
- Digital background noise: -105 dBFS
- Revenue: 0 dB to 60 dB
- Headphone output: 3.5 mm (1/8″) 20 mW @ 32Ω
- DSP functions
DSP Features on the Shure MVX2U
The Shure MVX2V microphone has a number of DSP functions that improve the sound of the microphone. These are:
- Limiter: Prevents sound from clipping, protecting the microphone and recording equipment. The limiter is activated by default and can be adjust manuallye to adapt it to the needs of the recording.
- Compressor: Adjusts the dynamic range of the sound, reducing noise and increasing the volume. The compressor can be activated or deactivated manually and can be adjusted to suit the type of sound being recorded.
- Equalizer: Adjust the tone of the sound. The equalizer has three frequency bands (bass, mid and treble) that can be adjusted manually.
Applications in which we can use it:
The MVX2U is suitable for a wide range of applications including:
- Voice recording: Ideal for recording voice-over, podcastsand other spoken audio projects.
- music recording: Ideal for engrave acoustic and electric instruments.
- streaming: Allows you to transmit high-quality audio live or delayed.
Possibility of control through ShurePlus MOTIV Software
The MVX2U comes with software ShurePlus MOTIV, which allows you to control DSP functions and configure custom presets. ShurePlus MOTIV software is available for Windows and macOS.
Don’t stop reading because we have prepared a video to explain more about the Shure MVX2U.