With a name that suggests its status as a product endowed with a very special meaning, “The Classic” is the particular tribute that Pro-Ject pays to its approach to playing vinyl records on the occasion of the 25th anniversary of its founding, an approach that has made it the world’s number one in the field of turntables. Thanks to the use of advanced TPE (Thermoplastic Elastomer) type absorbing materials, Pro-Ject engineers have been able to design a very effective subframe construction in order to isolate the platter itself and the tonearm from the resonances coming from of the motor and the base (plinth). The second key element of The Classic is the plate, obtained through precision machining of a special aluminum alloy cushioned by TPE, which offers very peculiar absorption qualities. Particularly noteworthy is the sophisticated structure of the platter base, whose perfect machining guarantees a high level of insulation between the noise generated by the bearing and the platter itself. As could not be otherwise in such an emblematic product, The Classic has the latest generation reading arm that incorporates one of its main strengths. Specifically, it is a design with a tube built in a sophisticated aluminum and carbon sandwich structure, which uses a genuinely radical design, the result of Pro-Ject’s 25 years of experience in the field of mechanical engineering. . On the other hand, an elaborate Gimbal-type turning system, with zirconium bearing and manufactured in Japan, minimizes friction while increasing the freedom of movement of the arm, while the use of TPE in the counterweight has allowed engineers of Pro-Ject reduce the resonance amplitude of the arm/capsule assembly by 50%.
- High-performance turntable with exceptional quality/price ratio.
- Belt drive; metal and non-resonant MDF chassis.
- Aluminum plate with TPE cushioning.
- 9-inch arm with carbon and aluminum tube.
- Arm turning system made in Japan.
- VTA and azimuth settings.
- Signal-to-noise ratio of 71 dB.
- Available in three high quality wood finishes.
- Optionally available with custom-made Ortofom 2M silver capsule.
- Dimensions (with lid closed): 460x131x351 mm (WxHxD).
- Weight: 10.2 kg.