Pocket GT is the new multi-effects for guitarists from Boss. Quality and technology in portable size.
Boss is one of the brands with the best reputation in the field of effects for guitarists. Since the OD-1 was launched in 1977, its sound quality and reliability have marked the sound of countless musicians.
A lot of time has passed since then. We’re already on version 3 of the Boss Overdrive pedal (although there is a reissue of the original called OD-1X), and there is a whole world of tools and effects for 6-string lovers.
He Pocket GT What concerns us today is these modern tools that make the life of any guitarist easier. On the one hand, we have 108 effects and amp simulations in a small box that fits in your pocket, with a rechargeable battery and headphone output so you can play wherever you want; and, on the other hand, you have integration with YouTube via Bluetooth in the Boss Tone Studio app (which also gives access to Boss Tone Central) to play over your favorite songs, audio interface for your recordings on the computer, conversion to 32 Bits,… Well, whatever you can think of to be able to play with authentic Boss sound anywhere.
All this with the quality of any pedalboard from the Boss GT range! You can even change presets with the Boss GT-1.
Pocket GT: Main Features
- Ultra-compact guitar amplifier and effects processor with powerful built-in teaching features
- Companion BOSS Tone Studio app (iOS/Android/Mac/Windows) with built-in YouTube browser and advanced editing tools
- Create video song lists and set A/B markers to repeat sections
- Assign user memories to bookmarks and automatically change sounds during video playback
- Authentic GT sound generator with over 100 amps and effects, ready to play with zero latency
- 99 user memories (amp and effects settings compatible with the GT-1 guitar pedalboard)
- Play music wirelessly via Bluetooth or connect via the Aux In jack
Share YouTube patches with other users
- Sampling rate 44.1 kHz
- AD conversion INPUT: 32 bit + AF method * The AF method (Adaptive Focus method) is a Roland & BOSS patented method that greatly improves the signal-to-noise (SN) ratio of AD and DA converters.
- AUX input: 24 bit
- 32-bit DA conversion
- Effects 108 types
- 99 user patches
- Nominal input level INPUT: -10 dBu, AUX INPUT: -13 dBu
- Maximum input level INPUT: +7 dBu, AUX INPUT: 0 dBu
- Input impedance INPUT: 1 M ohm, AUX INPUT: 22 k ohm
- PHONES/REC OUT nominal output level: -10 dBu
- PHONES / REC OUT output impedance: 2 ohms
- PHONES / REC OUT recommended load impedance: 16 ohms or more
- Display 7 segments, 2 characters (LED)
- Connectors INPUT connector: 1/4 inch telephone type
- PHONES/REC OUT jack: Miniature stereo phone type
- AUX IN jack: miniature stereo phone type
- USB COMPUTER port: USB Micro-B
- Bluetooth type Ver 4.2 Profile Support: A2DP (Audio), AVRCP (Remote Control)
- GATT Power Supply (MIDI over Bluetooth Low Energy) B
- Rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Supplied from USB port Current consumption 500 mA
- Expected battery life in continuous use Approximately 4 hours * These figures will vary depending on actual conditions of use.
- Battery charging time Approximately 3 hours * To charge the unit, use the USB port of a computer or a commercially available USB power supply adapter (5V, 500mA or higher).
SIZE AND WEIGHT
- Width 71mm 2-13/16 inches
- Depth 129mm 5-1/8 inches
- Height 27.6mm 1-1/8 inches
- Weight (including battery) 160g 6oz
If you have a guitarist friend and you don’t know what to give him for his birthday, here you have an excellent option.
- Follow Boss on the Internet: