The newest Microfreak Vocoder is Arturia’s new addition to its very interesting arsenal of synthesizers. And the French brand manages to differentiate itself every time it launches new hardware.
The first Microfreak is a very interesting piece for any studio, since it is not the same old analog mixer. With this one, the same thing happens to me that happens to me with the Korg Monologue. It’s hard to invent anything new at this point, but both manage to have a personality that sets them apart from the rest. And this vocoded edition was not going to be different, of course.
Remember that, if you are the owner of a “just” Microfreak, you can update the firmware to have Vocoder mode, and use a microphone with TRRS (any mobile headset with microphone) to input your voice. It’s not as cute as this limited edition, but it’s just as functional!
- Synthesizer with 256 memory locations and 224 factory presets
- 14 digital oscillators with variable mode, including Mutable Instruments Plaits engines and new vocoder mode
- Analog state variable filter, 12dB/octave, resonant, low pass, band pass, high pass
- Two-mode cyclic envelope
- LFO with sync: Sine, Tri, Saw, Square, Random, Slew Random
- Modulation matrix with 5 sources and 7 destinations (3 custom destinations)
- Monophonic or paraphonic modes: up to 4 voices
- Chord mode allows you to program a chord shape and play it on any note
- Scale Quantize allows you to set a specific scale for white notes to simplify the creative process
- 25-key capacitive keyboard with polyphonic aftertouch
- Capacitive touch ribbon controller
- Clear OLED display for editing and varying parameters
- Powerful arpeggiator
- Modes Up, Order, Random, Pattern
- Spice & Dice Gate Randomizers
- 64 step sequencer
- 2 patterns per preset
- 4 automation tracks per preset
- CV/Gate/Mod Outputs
- USB input and output, clock and MIDI
- 6.35mm master and 3.5mm headphone output
We leave you a tutorial on using the Microfreak Vocoder:
Precisely, today my colleague Willy gave me a video of Einmusik in a b2b with Jonas Saalbach, where you can see that, among all the artillery, they have a Microfreak:
You know, don’t be left out and get yours today!
- Follow Arturia on the Internet