Hearing aids become an essential complement to the daily lives of those who wear them. In fact, 75% of them admit to being very satisfied with its performance and usefulness. Therefore, it is important to perform good periodic maintenance of this hearing solution to extend its useful life. Knowing how to clean and care for your hearing aid helps maintain its performance and effectiveness. In the following post we explain the best way to carry out this maintenance.
Hearing aid users, whether behind-the-ear headphones, RIC either intracanalyou receive with your purchase in UMusic a basic cleaning kit to carry out daily maintenance easily and simply. The kit consists of:
- Suedewhich allows you to clean the surface, the mold and the custom-made capsule or standard dome of the hearing aids, allowing you to eliminate traces of moisture and dirt that accumulate throughout the day.
- Spray, ideal for more effectively cleaning the surface of hearing aids, the mold
and the custom capsule. It is recommended to spray the spray on a part of the chamois, clean the device and other components and, three minutes later, dry it with the dry part of the chamois.
- Cleaning wipeswhich can be used as a substitute for spray, especially for travel.
- Anti-wax wirewhich prevent excessive wax buildup
prevent the correct output of amplified sound from the hearing aids. It is important to use this wire carefully and without pressing inwards.
- Venting cleaning toolwhich allows, if used frequently and depending on the earwax segregation, to maintain the ear ventilation hole.
- Brush with magnet for batterieswhich can be used to ensure that no
There is no trace of dirt or wax left after cleaning with the
kit tools. At the same time, the brush incorporates a magnet at its base that helps remove the battery from the hearing aids when it needs to be changed.
To this cleaning kit, those interested can add the system Perfect Cleanwhich enables clean, dehumidify and disinfect hearing aids simultaneously. It is very easy to use: just press a button and let it work. PerfectClean adapts to all types of hearing aidswhether they are behind-the-ear, RIC or intracanal. 95% of clients who use it consider it a very practical and effective solution.
Practical hearing aid maintenance tips
Apart from the periodic use of these cleaning components, there is a advice series with which to achieve the best maintenance of hearing aids:
- Don’t drop this hearing aid on a surface hard. Always put it on a table if you need to change the battery or clean it.
- Store your hearing aids in a case while they are not used.
- If for any reason it malfunctions, No try to repair these devices by one same. It is best to contact a UMusic hearing care professional, who will review them without any obligation.
- Do not immerse this hearing aid in water and prevent it from getting wet.
- Prevent hearing aids from being exposed to excessive heat. For example, under a hair dryer or behind glass in sunlight.
- Take off this hearing aid when putting on lhere for the hairwhen passing by security arches of airports or other organizations or if it must be pass a radiological examination.